Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who am I? (In 226 words or less)

In a round about introduction to this blog, I'd like to talk about myself. This is hopefully the first and last blog post that will focus on me.

If the Vancouver Canucks are doing well, they may be mentioned in this blog, otherwise I will aim to stay on the topic of one students MBA Experience outside of the classroom. This will include, but not be limited to, the student clubs, the recruiting, the general program and of course the "social scene."

First and foremost, I pledge to write candidly. I will NOT be writing about gossip. And I will aim to inform the readers (prospective students & fellow classmates) of the many benefits that can come from what is ultimately your network of relationships developed throughout the MBA program.

Finally some vital stats for those who are curious:

name: Katie L Schwitzer
gender: female
age: 24 (for a few more months)
hometown: Vancouver BC
undergraduate degree: Commerce (Marketing/Finance)
alma matter: McGill University
most recent job title: Business Development Coordinator
most recent company: Blast Radius Inc.

some descriptive stats:

reason for getting an MBA: to improve my marketability & develop a lifelong network
reason for writing a blog: to inform the prospective students of some aspects of the Rotman experience that you gain from your peers instead of your professors
reason for calling the blog "our world": a clever play on words for the Rotman website "RWorld"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! :-)
    I'm so glad to have run into your blog! I plan to apply to Rotman for the full-time MBA class of 2017. I just finished reading ALL of your posts and want to thank you for giving a very useful overview of the entire experience. I wish you the best for your future!

    ReplyDelete