Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to School

I am happy to say I am back after surviving my summer internship and kicking off the semester as a second year student. I have to say I am looking forward to it! One of the many great things about my first year was having a lot of support from our upper year students and I think it's going to be a great year and hope I can pay it forward to the incoming class.

First things first - our Career Day student panel. The career center asked me and a few students from a diverse set of backgrounds with broad interests to participate in a panel discussion and speak about our experience and offer advice to the incoming students. Its always a bit tricky because we have our own experiences and everyone will have different work and education backgrounds so its hard to say that what worked for me will play out the same for others, but I hope we can at least shed light on what to expect.

The next step is volunteering at Orientation Camp. An important part of the MBA is developing your network and that starts at camp. Its a great place to get to know names and faces of your classmates. Reality is the people you spend time with at camp may or may not be your closest friends throughout the year, and once classes start you may not actually see them all that much if you have conflicting schedules. But the other thing about camp - its a time to let lose and enjoy the company of your classmates, get to know some of the upper year students and chill before the chaos of school starts.

Signing off for now and will aim to provide some insight on the second year student life in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment