Sunday, November 8, 2009

Stock Pitch Competition

I promised I would be writing out about life outside the classroom. Lately I haven't felt like I had a life outside of school, but I am returning to my roots and looking at extra-cirricular activities as entertainment. My position as class rep has been great so far, I have a fantastic section and am really going to miss them when things shake up in January!
But this weekend, I participated in a stock pitch competition for the Rotman Finance Association. Brought together by a deep knowledge of the company Magna, a very interesting week in the news and a lot of smart work (can't say long work because out entire thesis changed on Wednesday when GM announced they were pulling out of the Magna SBerbank Opel deal) so we had to work fast and smart - making work we had done up to that point negligible.
It was an all around fun experience - incredible learning experience and has set me up for the first stage of interview preparation. A huge kudo's has to go out to my team mate who rocked it and the many other teams who worked hard. All the finalists had great presentations, with some interesting investment thesis's and a couple of brilliant decks!
So good job to all my fellow RFA members who participated this weekend. Catered to the mid-night on Thursday - worst day of the quarter -deadline and pulled off some great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment