Sunday, February 21, 2010

12 days and counting

Its 12 days until the end of Q3, almost to the minute as our last paper is due at mid-night on Friday. Naturally that means I watched the Canada v USA hockey game tonight, with my computer open in the student lounge hoping my paper would write itself. Seeing as how the old learn through osmosis if I fall asleep on my school books never worked, I didn't harbour high hopes for this plan.
BUT I had expected better performance from Team Canada! We out shot the Americans by a factor of 2, and they still beat us by 2 goals in a nail biting game. One word Coach, goaltending. Broudour is a phenomenal player, but so far in the 2010 Olympics tournament he has not demonstrated his world class skills. Hoping we see him step it up and that the front line can convert a little more on those shots on net, turn them into scoring chances and better yet, goals.
To tie the viewing experience to the Rotman student experience, I had the pleasure of catching the game in the student lounge with a few other students interested in both the hockey and their GPA's. A number of students were still in the library, this wasn't an elimination game after all, and the more hardcore hockey fans were at the bar with the full-on excitement that entails.
It is one of the many pleasures I have discovered in my Rotman career, that there are a number of hockey fans and during the international tournaments, I am cheering for the same team! (Not going to be converted to a Leafs fan anytime soon, so its more rare than you may think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment