Thursday, February 25, 2010

Avoiding the cold

Both the weather and the sniffles. Its one week until our last exam, and 8 days til our papers are due. Nine days until I am on a plane.
But of course, first I have to get through the next week. Healthy preferably. The snow has come back, our relatively moderate winter all of a sudden feels like it has been the longest winter ever (at which point I remind myself that this is EASTERN CANADA in February). With the snow comes the snow plows (at 3 am) and then "do I bust out my winter boots again" question.
BUT also with the snow comes the Winter Olympics. My posts have trended towards this topic recently, and I will go there again today, simply because today is the Women's Gold medal Hockey game (GO CANADA!) and tomorrow is the Mens semi-final - Canada vs Solvakia.
Of course, the mens Gold Medal game is on Sunday night, the night before ECON - which means that my econ exam will be a secondary goal to staring at the TV for 3 hours.
Another tangent - today was our last day of Marketing, handed in our reports and did group presentations. Wonderful feeling to be finished a class!
But being up until the wee hours of the morning, not such a wonderful feeling. I think the general feeling is to try and avoid the dreaded all-nighter in your Rotman Career.
I believed that the all-nighter would come for an intense case competition or a difficult finance or econ class. The last thing I expected was a marketing report to be the first one.

I guess that goes to show you - you don't always get what you expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment