Thursday, March 25, 2010

Two weeks in... 7 to go.

Two weeks into the fourth quarter. I kind of feel like I am writing a long description of a basketball game. First quarter, 3 pointer! Second quarter, strong defense. Third quarter: traveling. Fourth quarter, who knows....

We have had our first quiz of Q4, a few assignments and a fair bit of reading and classes. Life is pretty busy at good old Rotman high. And it's feeling more like high school than ever. Everyone is pretty gelled as a class, and we are all getting anxious about the summer, the schools offices are starting to plan for next year already, and the weather is starting to tease us with a few good days.

The motivation to clean up our "third quarter Olympics and relaxing" behaviours and hit the books in earnest. I think I have said before, and I will say it again, with a six week quarter, you are behind after your first class. So prioritize, address what you need to and can get taken care of, and keep on keeping on.

By this time of year, there are still (per usual) a number of students seeking jobs. The hunt continues, the career forum's are still being held at school with networking opportunities and the perspective changes.

I am hoping that positive thoughts bring us all through this last quarter and we can finish up first year with success. I know I will plan on celebrating in South America on the study tour! Now to do the homework for that class! Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment