Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fourth Week Second Year

I am obviously far less diligent about posting entries in second year. I hypothesize that it is because I am less busy with school work and therefore looking for less opportunities for procrastination. Have more time to go out and hang out with my friends, which means I am not sitting at Rotman blogging. Tonight is another Tipsy Tuesday, been a good showing of both first and second years so far this year, and I am trying to get some work done before we head out for drinks.

Naturally, I am therefore writing a blog post!

Second year is a different kind of busy, I believe I already mentioned this, but its Student Club events and school work and for some the first stretch of second year is occupied by recruiting. Student Club exec and director roles actually require a fair bit of work. So, people considering running for a position, be sure you are prepared for it to be the equivalent of at least 2 more classes if not more. This of course depends on how much you put into it.

Some people can minimize the work effort, and others will go overboard. I guess we are all learning how to balance it all, and of course maintain our motivation to stay on top of things. Rotman has a big pay it forward culture, so the previous students helped us, alumni helped them and now its our turn to help the next group of students who will be expected to go on and help their successors.

Anyhow, I hope that we are able to help the incoming students and that they are successful in their career and academic endeavors, and more so, I hope they want to keep it going next year.

Off to Ottawa/Montreal for Thanksgiving so happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment