Saturday, October 10, 2009

MPO - managing procrastination opportunities

I have decided to provide the long since promised list of three letter accronyms you will learn by day two of MBA school at Rotman:

MBA: Masters of Business Administration (This one is important!!)
JDMBA: The combo degree for Law students and MBA students (Juris Doctor)
MFIN: masters in finance
GBC: graduate business council
PSO: program services office
CCC: corporate connections centre
BIC: Business Information Centre
UOT: University of Toronto

FIT: Foundations of Integrative Thinking
MPO: Managing People in organizations

IFRS: International Financial Reporting Standards
GAAP: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles

GMAT: Graduate management admissions tests

There are a million other three letter acronyms and opportunities to make fun of them. I frequently update my facebook status with my interpretation of the day.

As we have a paper due this week for Managing People in Organizations, I have cleverly restated it as Managing Procrastination Opportunities. Currently procrastinating by updating my blog instead of re-writing my paper. First draft done, painful edit and confirmation that it is in fact correct... still to do.

At my mom's in Ottawa for the weekend, will update later on my thoughts on whether or not I recommend heading home for the long weekend, when finals are 10 days away...

No comments:

Post a Comment